Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

January Wrap-Up

Another great reading month for me!  I read 18 books including one children's book and one short story anthology.  Here's the rundown:

Amaskan's Blood by Raven Oak: An epic fantasy with a kick-ass heroine. Review.

Lies A River Deep by Vera Jane Cook: Literary fiction with small town secrets. Review.

Evil Imminent by Maryann Weston: A short-horror-story anthology. Review.

The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram: Historical fiction about a woman painter in 14th century Tuscany. Review.

Awaking by Madeline Freeman: A young-adult paranormal adventure with superpowers. Review.

Draw-A-Saurus by James Silvani: Drawing, dinosaurs and humor. Review.

Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers: Historical Fiction with a twist of the paranormal and assassin nuns. Review.

Wildalone by Krassi Zourkova: Paranormal romance for grown-up fans of Twilight. Review.

A Pair of Docks by Jennifer Ellis: Young Adult time travel and witches. Review.

Sleeping Beauty and the Beast by Melissa Lemon: Two fairy tale re-tellings combined into one. Review.

Honey the Dixie Dingo Dog by Allen Paul:  Middle Grade for dog lovers. Review.

Puckster's Christmas Hockey Tournament by Lorna Schultz Nicholson: Children's book for Hockey Fans. Review.

Nothing Left Sacred by Daniel Diehl: Historical Fiction of Henry VIII. Review.

Purenet by H.J. Lawson: YA Dystopian and Science Fiction. Review.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows: Historical fiction in post-WWII England. Review.

Shadow on the Highway by Deborah Swift: Historical fiction of the Highwaywoman during England's civil war. Review.

City of Liars of Thieves by Eve Karlin: Historical mystery based on a real crime in 19th century NYC. Review.

How Do You Know? by Meredith Schorr: Chick-Lit romance about finding love at 40. Review.

Sooo many favorites this month:

Amaskan's Blood

Not So Favorites:

Purenet

Nothing Left Sacred

Awaking

I also have been on track with reading books already on my TBR both physical and e-books- 7 books this month from the TBR pile!