Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Watch The Shadows

Watch The Shadows - Robin Winter

Something strange is happening in the suburban town of Isla Vista. No one can quite figure out what is happening though. Nicole, a high school student who loves science, observes the meteor shower and then notices less small animals in the neighborhood. Brian, the postman, feels like he is being watched and senses shadows along his mail route. Meg, who works with the homeless through her church, finds her tabby cat after its tail has gone missing, and is getting many reports of homeless people who have disappeared. Nicole wants to find out what is going on for her science fair project, but will anyone believe the high school student?

Different and very interesting, Watch the Shadows took me down an unusual path for a thriller. With many changing points of view from Nicole, Meg, Brian and some of the homeless, there is a slow buildup of suspense as to what is happening and how it is affecting people. An ominous tone is created when I didn’t know if the small things happening could be the result of natural events or supernatural. I didn’t really connect to any of the characters personally, but they did all feel like they could be neighbors of mine. I did really like the inventive solution at the end, it was realistic but a little funny. Overall, a slow-building and creepy, thriller for someone who is looking for something different.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.

Win A Copy Here: http://stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com/blog-tours/watch-the-shadows