Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

An Immortal Descent (Goddess Born #3)

An Immortal Descent - Kari Edgren

Selah Kilbrid is on the run, following her betrothed, Henry overseas.  Henry is trying to find Selah’s friend, Nora who was kidnapped by a witch.  Though dangerous, Selah makes the trip across the Irish Sea.  On her journey she comes across many adversaries and a plot to unleash an ancient evil.  Selah, her family and other Goddess Born must find a way to outwit Carmen’s children in battle for power of the Gods and Goddesses over their descendants.

After reading the first two books of Goddess Born, I had to know what Selah and Henry would do next.  An Immortal Descent is filled with fast-paced adventure, suspense, danger and romance.  In this book Selah is forced to go through a lot of growth.  At first she is frantic, wanting to save her best friend; Selah ends up placing her trust in the wrong people and not always listening to her intuition.  One of the most interesting things in this installment was learning about all of the different types of Goddess Born and their gifts.  I really like Ailish’s character, her spirit and her unique gifts; though Selah thinks they are mortal enemies at first, both women find it within themselves to work together and combine their gifts for an even greater power.  I was intrigued by Ailish’s gift, and I think the author did a great job of explaining why forces of death, disease and destruction would be gifts and forces that the world needs.  Also, a wonderful ending, beautify and romantic, with everything that I could ever want for Selah and Henry.

This book was provided for free in return for an honest review.

Source: http://stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com