Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

The Paris Time Capsule

Paris Time Capsule - Ella Carey

Cat Jordan, a free-spirited photographer from New York finds out that she has a mysterious inheritance from a friend of her grandmother waiting for her in Paris.  She quickly packs up her life and jets to Paris, but the inheritance isn’t quite cut and dry as it should be; the inheritance is an apartment that hasn’t been opened in at least 40 years and the handsome grandson, Loic , of the actual owner shows up last minute to claim it.  As Cat and Loic explore the apartment, it becomes apparent that there are many important pieces left there and that Loic’s grandmother, Isabelle de Florian was someone of importance.  Cat and Loic have to figure out just who Isabelle was, who is going to keep the inheritance and what they are going to do about each other, especially when Cat’s very straight laced boyfriend shows up to propose to her.

This was a really fun blend of historical fiction and modern romance.  I loved Cat’s character and I could feel her vibrancy and kind heart leaping off of the page.  The apartment and the mystery of Isabelle caught my attention right away.  I wanted to dig in and explore everything along with Cat and Loic.  I was very intrigued by Isabelle de Florian; I wanted to know all about her life and her relationship with Cat’s grandmother.   While reading and trying to decipher Isabelle’s life through letters and artifacts, I felt like something magical was happening, the vivid descriptions of the apartment and Paris itself added to this feeling.  I even liked how Cat and Loic’s relationship developed with Paris as the perfect backdrop.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.