Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Transplant Unlimited

Transplant Unlimited - Kyle R. Fisher

Walt and Nelson have been friends since college.  With a background in biology and engineering, Walt and Nelson form a business printing organs on demand, therefore eliminating an organ donor waiting list and saving millions of lives.  Needless, to say Walt and Nelson are doing pretty well for themselves; which is why it comes at a surprise when thugs from a nearby casino come by the office to collect the 2 million dollars that Walt has borrowed.  When Walt mysteriously dies in a car crash a few days later, Nelson is devastated.  However, a lot of questions arise about the circumstances of Walt’s death when a detective comes to question Nelson.

This was a very interesting mystery/ thriller combination.  After the introductory chapter, I had a strong feeling that I knew exactly where this book was going; I was right about that one thing, but Transplant Unlimited did have more to offer and there were exciting twists and turns near the end.  In the beginning, there is a lot of science to get through with the Transplant Unlimited process, as a scientist myself, I was interested in reading this, but others may not be.  The story picks up as we get into Walt and Nelson’s past and some of Walt’s current nefarious dealings.  There were some flashback/memory chapters that threw me off at first since they aren’t marked as such in my copy, but I figured it out fairly quickly.  The last quarter of the book was the most exciting for me as Nelson is quickly putting together the pieces of Walt’s death and there are constant, twists, turns and surprises with Nelson’s life as well!

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.