Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Lost King

Lost King (An Omar Zagouri Thriller) - H.B. Moore

Omar Zagouri is back in action.  This time, a new version of The Book of the Dead has been found and immediately stolen from a dig site in Egypt dating back to the Pharaoh Hatshepsut, the Lost King. In order to steal the document, an archeologist has been killed and two others, Kale and Farrah, are kidnapped in order to translate the new Book of the Dead and forever change modern religion.  Kofman Enterprises stole the scroll to sell to the highest bidder in order to keep its secrets buried; but once Omar and Mia are assigned, they will stop at nothing to protect the piece of history.

I loved joining back into the non-stop action with Omar and Mia.  The other part that I loved is the switching point of view between the present and ancient Egypt from Hatshepsut’s point of view.  This switching point of view makes it a fast-paced read and gives perspective from Hatshepsut’s side.  Like the previous book, I ended up being caught up in Hatshepsut’s narrative just as much; her story is intriguing and her additions to The Book of the Dead are given depth. With the addition of Kale and Farrah in the present, we get a little more insight into Mia’s past and another antagonist with Kofman Enterprises that will lead to more experiences in books to come.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.