Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

The Maiden Tree

The Maiden Tree - Persephone Vandegrift, Kristijan Vostner

Anne and Celine are the best of friends in their small town. Anne did not have many friends until Celine mysteriously showed up in town. Alice loves to go on nighttime adventures with Celine, so when Celine shows up at her window late one night before her birthday, Anne knows this will be a special adventure. What Celine has planned for Anne, however, will change Anne’s life forever.
The Maiden Tree is a fun, sweet fairy tale that is for children and adults alike. In its 16 pages, I was quickly taken into Celine and Anne’s nighttime adventure. The girl’s spirits leapt off the page and their friendship and innocence is endearing. Celine’s surprise adds magic and mysticism to the everyday world. The illustrations added to the story, but I had no problem imagining their adventure in my head. The Maiden Tree offers a great lesson in friendship and connecting with nature.

This story was received for free in return for an honest review.