Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Third Chronicles of Illumination

Third Chronicles of Illumination: The Library of Illumination-Book Eight - C. A. Pack

The Third Chronicles of Illumination picks up right after book two.  Johanna and Jackson have almost caught the shapeshifter who wishes to take over the world along with Nero 51, another Library Curator who simply wishes to control all of the Libraries of Illumination.  Johanna and Jackson's Library is right in the middle of the whole debacle and the two are under immense stress trying to save several worlds and their relationship is put to the test.

This was another great adventure in the Library of Illumination!  I have always loved the idea of a library where the books come to life, and that aspect is still delivered.  I love that Johanna and Jackson get to talk to Stephen Hawking about time travel.  Now that the two curators are embroiled in a plot with the Libraries on other worlds, we get to explore the beings and ways of life on those planets even deeper.  I really like to women of Romantica and the children of Juvenailia.  Even with all of the different worlds, each one is well thought out and complete; it is obvious that a lot of imagination and planning went into the creation of each.  The situation between Jackson and Johanna left me on edge as much as the potential destruction of the worlds, but I will have to wait to see how that plays out. Overall, an exciting and magical adventure!