Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Love Notes

Love Notes - Tammy Andresen

Derek is the lead singer of the band, Echo Station. Tattooed and burly, Derek fits the look of the bad boy to a tee, and usually has a short term girlfriend to match. Derek has just had a crazy breakup with now ex-girlfriend Nicole and decides to swear off women for a while. Band mate Drew brings in marketing major, Melissa to watch the band perform and see if she can help them get bigger crowds. Melissa is career focused and has a plan for love and boyfriends. While trying get some promo shots, Melissa instantly notices Derek's presence; however this bad boy is not the Harvard guy she imagined herself with and Derek seems to think she an annoyance. At some point these two realize that love doesn't always look like they think it should.

The third installment in the Accidental Kisses series does not disappoint. In Love Notes the sweet and sassy romance continues with the friends of characters met in the first two books. This being said, you do not have to read the first two books to understand this one, but it was nice to see the other relationships from the outside. Melissa and Derek are complete opposites. Melissa has life planned out in her head, with a man exactly like her. Derek thinks he can only have girls that fit into his rock lifestyle, but those girls are always caustic. When the two meet, sparks fly, but not in a good way. Like the other books in the series, the point of view alternates between the the two so we get an inside look into Melissa and Derek's thoughts. I enjoyed seeing the uncertainty and leaps of faith as the romance blossomed. I liked that Derek didn't fit his outward stereotype in the end and that both Melissa and Derek both could see that there is more to a person than their outward appearance. An intense and fast-paced sweet romance that I read in one sitting, I can't wait to see who falls in love next.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.