Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

Reign Drops

Reign Drops - Chris Patt

Dalia is a member of a Mayan tribe whose members rarely have contact with the outside world.  Her family has been chosen to keep the secrets of the Temple Cave and be the Bloodborne priestess to save her people.  In a prophetic dream, Dalia's mother saw her living in the city, so for the past several years Dalia has lived in the city with the nuns and away from her people; but with the Mayan calendar coming to an end, Dalia is called back home.  When she arrives, Dalia finds that the stories she has heard might just be true, her sister has died of a mysterious illness and now another sister is missing.  It is now up to Dalia to face the dangers and save her tribe.

This story intrigued me since it was set within a modern Mayan tribe and featured some Mayan lore.  Dalia's character grabbed me in her struggle between her two worlds.  I also enjoyed all of the supernatural elements, it was interesting how vampires and dragons were melded into the Mayan stories to fit so well.  I am very interested in the lohil- Carrick as well as the force within Dalia's amulet.  I really want to know what will happen between Dalia and Carrick as well as what Dalia decides to do with her life.  The story ends on quite a cliffhanger, so I will definitely be reading on.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.