Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

The Deception Dance

The Deception Dance - Rita Stradling

A paranormal thriller and romance with plenty of handsome demons and demon-hunters.

Eighteen year old Raven Smith wants to take a nice sight-seeing vacation to Europe and spend some time with her older sister, Linnie before she sets off to college in the fall.  However, right from the start things are not going so well for Raven.  Linnie's cute, charismatic and rich roommate Chauncey butts in on the sister's trip and even insists on sitting next to Raven on the plane ride over instead of the seat that she purchased for herself.  From the time the three ladies land in Rome, Italian men are all over them.  This is right up Chauncey's alley, but not at all what Raven wants.

Before she knows it Raven is involved in a love triangle with beautiful and mysterious Andras, who she is inexplicably drawn to with a deep passion even though he seems dangerous and an equally beautiful Sweede, Nicholas who feels drawn to protect her.  As secrets unravel, Raven's world is turned upside down and she will have to die, be reborn and fight a demon in order to find out who she really is.

This book took off a little slow for me once past the prologue.  However, once Raven is knee deep in demons and demon-hunters, I couldn't put it down.  I don't usually like all the romance aspects, but this love triangle between Raven, Andras and Nicholas was well done and I really didn't know who to root for.  I wish there was a little more insight into Raven's past life, that was really interesting to me.  I also want to know more about the beautiful demon-hunting Swedish men and their pasts.  We'll see what happens in the next book, The Lie Spinners.

This book was provided for free in return for an honest review.

Source: http://stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com