Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

The Lie Spinners

The Lie Spinners - Rita Stradling

Book two of The Deception Dance Series
Picking up a year after The Deception Dance ends, Raven is now safely attending school and receiving training along with an army of bodyguards.  However, Raven knows that the demon Andras will soon be coming back for her.  Before Raven can worry about Andras, however, the earth witch Madeline calls in Raven's life debt for bringing Raven back to life a year ago.  If Raven does not carry out Madeline's wishes, Raven will slowly rot.  Madeline wants Raven to travel to Thailand and bring back Stephen who was tracking down a mysterious magician called the Spider.. Everyone else that Madeline has sent there has vanished.

I am glad to see Raven grow in personal strength in this book.  She has received some training and has gained confidence.  I don't like that she is still being used as a pawn and isn't filled in on very important information pertaining to her, but still told she is making stupid mistakes. Really, she  is doing what any nineteen year old woman would do and it is easy to emphasize with her.   The Deception Dance is filled with a lot more action throughout the entire story and we get to meet more exciting demons, witches and magicians.  Thailand is a great setting with it's rich folklore and fun party scene with the Full Moon Parties of Koh Phangan, all of it is described vividly.  There are definitely loose ends to tie up here and much more that I would like to know, so I'll be looking forward to the next book in the series.

This book was provided for free in return for an honest review by the author.

Source: http://stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com