Mishker

100 Pages A Day...Stephanie's Book Reviews

August Wrap-Up

Wow!  This month I read 18 books including one audiobook and one novella.

Here's the Run Down:

Wednesdaymeter by Dean Carnby: A fantansy romp with magical vegetables and polygons that run corporations, one you'll have to read to understand.  Review.

Fractured by Erin Hayes:  A gore-filled horror/thriller featuring twins with a strange bond. Review

Not Quite Dead by Lyla Payne: A new-adult, paranormal romance with a female pirate ghost.  Fun and different than what I was expecting.  Review.

The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick:  Historical fiction about Eleanor of Aquitaine from the age of 13 to her marriage to Henry II.  Review.

Irradiated by S. Elliot Brandis:  Dystopian science fiction where the sun causes mutations to anyone who stays out to long.  Review.

The Golden Pathway by Donna M. Dinatale: Middle grade fiction about the underground railroad.  Review.

The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen:  Alternate historical fiction, the last book in the Boleyn trilogy. Review.

Inamorata by Megan Chance:  A unique blend of historical fiction and the paranormal, set in 1800's Venice.  Review.

The Twyning by Terence Blacker:  Middle Grade historical fiction/fantasy about the war against rats in 1900's England and two kids special bond with the rats. Review.

The Angel of Losses by Stephanie Feldman: Jewish folklore and family woven together to tell a beautiful story.  Review.

How to Shit in the Woods by Kathleen Meyer:  An audio book I listened to for work, hilarious but with a lot of important information.  Review.

Plantation Nation by Mercedes King: Young Adult historical fiction set in the Civil War about a young woman in the south who dresses as a man and joins the Union Army. Review.

Blameless by Gail Carriger: The third book in the Parasol Protectorate series.  Fun, but not as great as the first two.  Review.

Gypsy by Trisha Leigh: Young adult science fiction about a group of teens with special abilities.  Review.

Eagle En Garde by Olga Godim: A fun, fantasy adventure following Darin, a mercenary in The Eagles.  Review.

Dragonfly by Charles A. Cornell:  Alternate WWII history, science fiction, steampunk about a female RAF pilot.  Review.

The Agincourt Bride by Joanna Hickson: Historical fiction about Catherine Valois.  Review.

Awesome month of reading for me!  I loved a lot of books this month.  My favorites were Inamorata, The Boleyn Reckoning and Gypsy.  My least favorite was Wednesdaymeter.

Have you read any of these books or do you want to read any of these books?